Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Week 9

Proverbs 24:10


So the longer I stay here in California, the more anxious i get for
Mexico. Just sitting here casually praying I get my visa before this
transfer is over. If I don't, then I guess I'll just keep on trucking
on.

So this week we ended up finally getting a new progressing
investigator... And he's our neighbor haha. So he can't run away from
us. On the second visit with him, he had read the first three chapters
of the Book of Mormon! It was awesome. It's nice to have someone
follow up on commitments. I feel like that's gonna be a huge problem,
finding people that can keep commitments. Oh well, all in time.

We have to drop our one person on baptism. Because he isn't keeping
commitments, and would rather play soccer on Sunday's. We will keep
visiting him every once in a while, but he's not progressing anymore.
We haven't had much else this week. Lots of bailing on lessons. We're
trying to be more on time, because twice this week we missed
appointments because we were late. People call us Mexicans. It's hard
to be on time always, but we're working on it. I hate being late, I
think that's something my dad taught me.

We had a miracle on Tuesday, we went to an expensive Peruvian
restaurant, and we just wanted to check the prices, and as we were
walking out, someone asked us if we had eaten, and we said no, so they
invited us to eat with them. They were super nice, and super cool. I
think I said thank you like 30 times I felt bad they paid for us haha.
Not much else has happened. Still just trying to find ways to pick up
new investigators, and keep my companions motivated. Let me know your
ideas!

And one of the days we had service at a catholic food bank, and they
gave us a ton of bread and some flowers, I'll put our gains in the
pictures.

Love you all, have a good week!





No comments:

Post a Comment