Monday, September 7, 2015

Week 1

My first Pday

Dear Everyone,
People always tell you, and tell you, and tell you that the MTC is hard, but man you don't even know until you get here how hard it is.  First day it's like Bam just throw you in to the fire, and start going.  Luckily enough when I got here I got greeted by Christian Clark, who is Weston's older brother which was super nice.  Even then, the first day you're here the only thing they do is talk to you in spanish.  Then once the first day is over, they put you in another 12 hours of class.  I'm so tired here, but for some reason can stay awake in class.  Then the second day you're here they make you teach an "investigator" in spanish, which for my Companion and I was a mess.  We had some stuff planned, but as soon as we got in there, my Companion froze a little bit, which is okay because he never took Spanish in high school, so he had no idea what was going on.  But I'm sure all of that will get better.
I'll tell you a little bit about my companion.  His name is Elder Harley, he is from Spanish Fork Utah.  He's 6'7 and plays basketball.  Fairly shy, but overall a pretty chill guy.  He doesn't say too much so I can't get a gauge of how he's feeling yet, but I'm sure I will eventually.
 
The rest of my district is pretty different than me.  We have 7 Elders in our district including myself.  There's only 1 other Elder not from Utah, and he is from Boston.  If you know mason garret, he looks exactly like him.  Apparently his dad is Danny Ainge, and I have no clue who that even is, but everyone just says he was a pro basketball player back in the day.  Doesn't matter much to me though.  
Uhh I don't really know what else to write about, I've been here three days.  Obviously I'm homesick, and some anxiety is flaring up, but it's okay, I'm sure its going to go away sometime soon.  Preferably today haha.  It's pretty fun at times here.  I feel like we waste a lot of personal class time playing games and stuff, but there's no way to read spanish for 4 hours without a teacher.  I think we have another lesson with our investigator Tomas tonight.  But at least it's p-day, where our whole zone plays soccer, then we get to have a temple trip.  Super excited for the temple.

If anyone has some words of wisdom, or some things they want to tell me email me or send me a Dear elder or anything.
My Mailing address Is
Elder Hunter George Hodson
OCT12 MEX-XLP
2011 N 900 E Unit 320
Provo UT 84602

LOVE YOU ALL,
Elder Hodson

 
Pictures:
My Companion, on the first day of the mtc.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment